Monday, March 16, 2009

I survived!

Today was my first day home alone with Cain. The good news is…we survived. Cain had a 1:00 appointment with Dr. Liske, his pediatric cardiologist. Somehow, I was able to give Cain his morning meds…give him his 9am and noon feedings…get both of us dressed and get us to the appointment on time.

Cain’s appointment went well. At one point, Dr. Liske said to us, “He looks so good…I can hardly stand it”. What a great thing for us to hear!!! He also told us if Cain continues to do well taking the bottle that we may be able to remove Cain’s feeding tube in a few weeks. That was great news considering Cain pulled his tube out twice this weekend and Brad had to put it back in both times.

Cain having his EKG performed. Thank goodness they have a mobile to keep him entertained.

If someone had video taped me trying to figure out how to open Cain’s stroller today I probably could have been on America’s Funniest Home Videos. Anyone who saw me would have no doubt that I was a new mom! I even had to call Brad for help. How ridiculous!

I mentioned on my last blog that I hoped to have time to clean the house some during the weekend. Well that did not happen but we did have a nice time relaxing around the house. My friend Lacey and her husband William brought us lunch on Saturday. Thanks so much! We enjoyed visiting with you both and are so happy you moved to Nashville!! Our parents were friends when we were both born and we have many pictures of us together as babies. It's so great to have her here now.

Lacey and Cain in their matching stripes.

Cain in his Bumbo chair on Sunday. Relaxing with mom & dad!


The Watsons said...

I am so glad ya'll had a great day together! I had no doubt you couldn't do it! Ps: I love the pic of Cain in his bumbo!! too cute!

Angie said...

Catherine I had to laugh about the stroller because the same thing happened to me. After we brought Blair home my mom stayed with me for a few days and we decided to go to the farmers market and once I got the stroller out of the car I realized I had never used it before and had no idea how to open it. A lady there had to show us how to do it. Just a little button on the side. How dumb we felt.

Toni Chapman said...

Just wanted to let you know that I looked the same exact way when I tried to open a stroller for the first time after my baby was born. It is amazing all the things you have to learn to operate when you have a child. I know it is double for you but it seems to look like you are handling it really well. I teach with your friend Kristi Hebert and have been checking in on you all daily to see how things are going. He looks great and I am praying that the feeding tube will be removed soon. Have a Blessed Day!
Toni Chapman

3 "A's" and a "B" said...

such great news. Glad to hear ya'll are doing well. He gets cuter every time I see him!

Nancy said...


Thanks so much for stopping by Rebekah's blog. I was so encouraged to read that Cain is doing so well. Even though he was diagnosed with something different than Rebekah, it is nice to be able to see how good he looks now! May God continue to bless you and Cain as he grows!

Nancy (Rebekah's Mommy)